Managed Lists can be a very important part of InformationLeader and it is important that they are created and maintained correctly. This KB article outlines how to go about setting and maintaining a Managed List from inside the InformationLeader Administration Module.
- Log into InformationLeader using the administrator account.
- Navigate to the Administrator module at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Managed List option the left hand side.
- Click on the New button to start creating a Managed List.
- Fill out the following details:
- Division: Select from the drop down whichever Division you would like this Managed list to be listed under.
- Code: Make up a code that corresponds with the Managed List name so it’s easy to search, identify and find.
- Name: Simply type a name for your new Managed List try and make the name relate to the form or information on the form you are building the list for.
- List Type: Either Alphanumeric or Numeric depending on what you need the managed list for.
- Description: Type in a description for the search to help make finding the correct search for the users a little bit easier.
- Click on the Save button, or hit Enter after typing the Description.
- Once the Managed List has been saved you can click on the List Items tab below the description field.
- Now you can start to populate your Managed List with the core Items, you simply fill out the Code (If “Code Required” was ticked) the name and the description. You can repeat this step for as many items as you require.
- If your items require and extra information to be linked to them, for example if your list of hotels, and you need information such as address, phone number, manager, etc you would enter these details in under the Item Details tab.
- You can create as many items under the Item Details tab as you required, please note that each item detail will apply to every item in the Managed List.
Note: When deleting an Item Detail box please remember that that Item Detail category will be deleted from all the Items listed in the Managed List.