The Documents Module restricts the size of uploads to 20mb.
Sometimes, Work Instructions or Plant Procedures include a lot of pictures and can become quite large preventing them from being uploaded.
Microsoft Word allows images to be compressed for screen viewing which can quite often 1/2 the size of the document.
Here is a summary of the steps:
- Select the image in the Word document. This will add the Picture Tools > Format tab to the ribbon in Word 2007 and Word 2010 (Word 2003: Right-click on the picture, then select Format Picture > Picture tab).
- Click Compress Pictures (in the Adjust group). (Word 2003: Click Compress on the Picture tab.)
- On the Compress Pictures dialog box, click Options. (Word 2003: This step and the following one are all done on a single Compress Pictures dialog box.)
- Select the options you want to apply. I always select Automatically perform basic compression on save and Print (220 dpi) as the quality because I want the best quality possible.
- Click OK, then click OK again to close the Compress Pictures dialog box
Credits to: https://cybertext.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/word-reduce-large-image-sizes-with-picture-compression/